CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

My Back Update

The status of my low back pain. Finally, had some med changes and another injection in my low back. I have started to feel alive again. My depression reared is ugly head and left me bedridden. Didn't care if I showered, zoned out watching TV (not remembering what I watched...probably good thing), didn't care to talk to anyone in person or on the phone. That has changed ready to get up and going in the am...pain is tolerable and not unbearable anymore. My internist called on April 15 and made an appointment with an neurosurgeon which is not until June 15. She came highly recommended by patient and other doctors...so that is probably why the long wait. Hopefully, she will be able to tell me when I will be able to have surgery to have the 5th lumbar fused (which is the only option to fix my back). With me having the lap band surgery and losing weight at the rate the doctors want me to, maybe I will have the surgery soon. Praying the surgery can be done soon. Pain takes such a toll on your body and mind. For 6 years I have had unbearable pain with the 2 knees and low back...knees are replaced. They are feeling great and ready to go for long walks with Charley.

Enough of that...on with fun stuff to talk about.

Erin and the boys are still living at Hope Family Center and doing great. Mark & I have both become volunteers for Hope Ministries. Mark drives their cargo van on Sunday mornings to bring all the ladies to our church....awesome!!! There got to be too many wanting to come to church with us that we did not have enough room between the van & car to transport them. Plus there is 17 children and 5 women (including Erin & the boys). I volunteered to be a Scrapbook Sister. In July, we will get together to scrapbook...the women are so excited...so am I.

Madisyn is continuing to grow into a young beautiful godly woman. So hard to see her grow up. Our little girl!!! She is looking forward to school being out...which is around May 27 or 28. She loves inviting others to church and youth group...which she thoroughly enjoys. Our youth group is constantly doing all kinds of challenges and activities. Mark is a helper for the youth group...he left the Awana program to move up with Madisyn. He really misses the younger children...and they have never forgotten him.

I was able to return to my ladies bible study a couple weeks ago...and have been truly blessed with our study on prayer. Awesome study...plus our pastor's adult daughter is teaching it. Sherry is not following any book just her experiences and study...what a Godly young mother & wife. God is using her some awesome ways of understanding his Word and teaching us.

Spring is about my most favorite time of year with everything all new again...flowers, trees, grass and new baby animals. I took some pics of my flowering crab apple tree which has real special meaning. My Dad loved this tree and the last week of his life the crab apple tree was in full bloom and just beautiful. We brought some of the blossoms up to his room. A friend gave me a gift certificate after his death and I bought a crab apple tree, it is now it 3rd year and was absolutely gorgeous this year. A bittersweet thing to look at this gorgeous tree because it will always bloom on the anniversary of the time my Dad passed away.


0 comments: